Facilities Designer - (STA011256)
Posted Wednesday, December 21, 2022
- University of Houston
- Company Office Address
- 4800 Calhoun Rd
- Work Location
Provides expertise and leadership with respect to the development and implementation of campus and project design. Acts as the subject matter expert of project development, design implementation, and the management of project FF&E and confirms that the University's Campus Guidelines and Master Plan are being met. Supports facility specific and campus wide planning practices that synthesize the goals and mission of academic planning for the university and component campuses.
1. Participates in the development of project scoping, budgeting, and scheduling. Projects range from renovations to new construction.
2. Oversees feasibility and/or programming studies to analyze all relevant factors of a project, ensuring projects meet the mission and vision of the university.
3. Manages professional services of consultants and/or vendors for planning initiatives on identified projects.
4. Oversees the FF&E selection, procurement, and installation for identified projects.
5. Creates design concepts, space plans, and test fits for identified projects.
6. Reviews and advises schematic design, design development and construction document drawings and specifications from concept to completion, recommending cost effective changes if applicable.
7. Partners with project planners, project managers, facility managers and engineers on facility design.
8. Evaluates space on campus and makes enhancement recommendations to potentially include FF&E and/or architectural planning.
9. Tracks and documents projects uses project management information software.
10. Communicates clearly and constantly with supervisor and appropriate stakeholders. Assures projects are in compliance with the universitys Master Plan and Campus Guidelines. Assists with the creation and management of the universitys Master Plan and Campus Guidelines. Coordinates regularly scheduled campus partner meetings to assist with planning of current and future projects. Monitors, coordinates and reports specific details to ensure a project is successfully planned and handed-off to the project management team for construction execution. Coordinates with in-house project managers, in-house or external estimators, consultants and contractors as needed to support project development. Leads professional experience to lead process improvement initiatives. Creates graphics and narratives for project visioning and other related planning purposes. Assists and/or collaborates with other departmental staff to ensure project success. Adheres to organizations key performance indicators (KPIs) metric baselines to achieve departmental success. Supports emergency response initiatives
Bachelors and 3 years experience
Education: Requires a thorough understanding of both theoretical and practical aspects of ananalytical, technical or professional discipline; or the basic knowledge of more than oneprofessional discipline. Knowledge of the discipline is normally obtained through a formal,directly job-related 4 year degree from a college or university or an equivalent in-depthspecialized training program that is directly related to the type of work being performed.Degree Requirement: Interior Design, Architecture or closely related field.Experience: Requires a minimum of three (3) years of directly job-related experience.Preferred: Planning or project manager role in Higher Education, CommercialInterior/Architectural Design, K-12 School Districts, Real Estate or other commercialsettings.Certification/Licensing: Registered Interior Designer, Engineer, or Architect in the State of TX.
Quicklink to apply: https://uhs.taleo.net/careersection/ex1_uhs/jobdetail.ftl?job=STA011256&lang=en&sns_id=mailto#.Y5iFz_HZx5I.mailto
- Job Type